Ya’ll: only power moves over here lately. This recipe is bomb. I really have nothing else to say about it other than you need to try. I’m working hard on some new projects and low on time/ energy for much else these days. Been lacking in the blog department but snuck in some extra time this AM to post this recipe. Here it is below!
Happy Monday and I hope this week is already feeling like a good one. Can you feel it? Let’s get it!
Love to you all!
- 2 1/2 cups riced cauliflower (I used 1 1/4 bags from costco. You can microwave them from frozen for easy cauli power 😉 )
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk (+ 1-2 tbsp)
- 1/2 cup soaked/drained cashews (if you have a Vitamix, you can skip soaking them bc that machine is sick and will pulverize the bejeezus out of anything you throw at it lol)
- 2 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp fresh vegan pesto (find my recipe here: instagram.com/sincerely_les )
- 1 tsp sea salt
- lots of fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 3-4 servings of pasta (i used kamut fusilli…v high in fibre and protein!)
- 1 cup chopped chanterelles (or brown bella mushrooms)
- 3 cups chopped kale
Cook pasta according to instructions on packaging. In a large pan, saute onion, chanterelles and minced garlic in some water until onion is translucent. Set aside. Microwave riced cauliflower (or steam cauliflower florets). Add cauliflower, soy milk, cashews, nutritional yeast, thyme, lemon juice and salt to a high speed blender and blend on high until very smooth. Add pesto and pulse until well combined. Add more salt (if needed) and pepper to taste.
During the last 30 seconds to 1 min of pasta cook time, add the kale to your pasta water. Drain and add pasta and kale to your pan along with mushrooms and onions. Add your alfredo sauce ( 1/2 cup at a time) and toss pasta and veggies gently until coated. You can use as much or as little sauce as you want here. I had approx 1 cup of sauce leftover which I refrigerated for future pasta goodness 🙂 . Top your pasta with your fave shredded plant-based cheese and some basil chiffonade. Ta-daaaaa!